Today I’m sharing with you all a healthy kid (and adult) friendly recipe that has become one of our go-to’s, especially on busy mornings. These Greek yogurt banana muffins are delicious, nutritious, freezer friendly, and perfect to take for a quick breakfast as we’re rushing out the door…what more could you ask for mamas? I discovered this recipe over at Two Peas in their Pod. Maria has many recipes on her site that are very scrumptious and good for you too…winning! I hope your family enjoys these as much as we do!
2 cups white whole-wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 large ripe bananas (about 1 3/4 cup mashed)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
1 large egg
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a muffin tin with baking spray or line the pan with paper liners and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. Peel the bananas and mash with a fork. Combine the mashed bananas, brown sugar, coconut oil, egg, Greek yogurt, and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined.
4. Slowly stir in the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
5. Fill muffin compartments three-quarters full. Bake 22 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Transfer to wire rack to cool. Store, covered, at room temperature.