Rain, rain, and more rain. It seems to be quite the weather pattern around here lately. When I stepped outside this morning and felt the warm sunshine on my skin accompanied by a perfect 60 degrees, I knew I could not stay in the gym today. I dropped baby Noah off at child watch at the Y and skipped (ok maybe not really skipped but it felt like it in my head), to the outdoor track. I had planned on doing intervals today so pushing the BOB was not an option. I am so very thankful I have a place where I can drop him off and let him play while I get my workout on! Such a G0d-send some days :). I have also done this quickie workout outside with the kids either post run or in combination with some other core or cardio training. Here’s how today went down:
- Warm up with an easy 800m jog
- Complete 5 rounds of a fast 400m run followed by a pace (or slower) 400m recovery jog.
- Toal distance: 3 miles
4 Rounds as Quickly as Possible
- 20 Squat Jumps on Bench (option: squat jumps on the ground or perform a squat without jumping)
- 20 Tricep Dips (option: bend knees and draw them closer to you while performing the dip)
- 15 Back Lunge Hops on Bench Right (option: lunge jumps on the ground or perform a back lunge without jumping)
- 15 Back Lunge Hops on Bench Left (option: lunge jumps on the ground or perform a back lunge without jumping)
- 15 Decline Spider Pushups off Bench (option: decline pushup with separate spider knee, pushup on the ground with spider knee, or knee pushup on the ground with spider knee).